“Nusantara: My Pangalay Journey” is Indah Hannah T. Wadi’s entry to the 3-minute Nusantara International Video Challenge organized by the International Waqaf Ilmu Nusantara, Universiti Sains Malaysia, in cooperation with the UP Institute of Islamic Studies.
The UP Board of Regents in its 27 January 2022 meeting approved the appointment of Prof. Julkipli M. Wadi as Dean of the Institute of Islamic Studies, UP Diliman. This will be Prof. Wadi’s third three-year term as Dean since his first appointment to the office in 2009.
The UP Institute of Islamic Studies, in cooperation with International Waqaf Ilmu Nusantara invites you to the 3-minute International Video Challenge on Nusantra Malay Archipelago.
The competition has three-prong objectives:
- To promote the culture of Wakaf / Commoning / Sharing to build a society of givers and philanthropists.
- To create the community of knowledge warriors, intellectuals, and learners who are happy to capture, document and contribute knowledge to a library of information and wisdom.
- To revive and awaken the Nusantra Malay Archipelago civilization hence re-empowering and reconnecting members of Nusantra families and communities throughout the region and beyond.
HERE’S HOW TO JOIN:
Step 1: Record a 3-minute video with a theme of “Malay Nusantara Archipelago”.
Step 2: Upload your video to social media platforms (e.g.: TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter).
Step 3: Use the following hashtags: #KITASEMUANUSANARA, #NUSANTARA1DNA, #NUSANTARA1RUMPUN. Tag, like, follow and subscribe the social media of i-Win Library (International Waqaf Ilmu Nusantara Library – IWIN Library | Facebook)
Step 4: Fill in the Registration Link: https:/bit.ly/3Mvideosubmit
CASH PRIZE and INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE awaits the WINNER!
Registration is extended until 14 March 2022 only.
For more details, please see the contest poster or visit their website at i-WIN: International Waqaf Ilmu Nusantara – Perpustakaan Internasional Waqaf Ilmu Nusantara
Please be guided accordingly of the following Library Guidelines:
Browsing the UP Diliman Catalog
Barrowing of Theses
Need to borrow a thesis?
Important Note: A thesis per se cannot be taken out. If a scanned copy is needed, only 10% of the text can be sent to the student. This means only specific chapters is allowed.
The request will be granted if the following requirements are met:
- With University permission page or authorization letter from the author. An approved written request/permission from the Author of thesis. Send via email or fb messenger the approved permission for the thesis you wish to request a copy. Attach your ID and Form 5-A for the Semester. Only 10 percent of the thesis is allowed to be copied or only few chapters. Allow 5 working days.
Wait for the scanned copy of the chapter of the thesis via email.
Barrowing of Books
Need to Borrow a Book? There are 2 ways to do this:
Pick Up or Via Courier Service
- Request a book by using your UP webmail account and sending request through email or fb messenger. Attach an e-copy of Form 5 and UP ID.
- Please allow 1-2 days before pick-up. Time for pickup is 3-4pm only. A book/s can be picked up from the box located near the UP SURP Building guard.
- In case a courier (Grab, Lalamove, etc) will pick the book/s for you, inform the Library staff on this for proper coordination. Charges will be shouldered by the borrower.
- A PDF copy will be sent through document delivery.
- Note that we can only allow specific/required pages (10% of the book) or a chapter/s needed by the student.
Need to return a book?
- After a two-week loan period, please inform us through email or fb messenger a photo/image of the book/s to be returned. Drop in the Book chute.
- You may also return via courier (Grab, Lalamove, etc.). Charges shall be shouldered by the borrower.
Need more time in reading your barrowed book/s?
Inform the staff in advance through email or fb messenger before renewing the book/s. Send an image/photo via email or messenger. No need to return it on or before due date. A new due date will be issued through email.
For more queries, please contact the following via email or fb message:
UP IIS Library Facebook: Iis Lib | Facebook
We are inviting everyone to join the Foreign Service Institute’s upcoming Mabini Dialogue titled “Navigating Philippines-Palestine Relations: What’s Next?” This will happen on 24 February 2022, 2:00-4:00 PM via Zoom Webinar.
Learn from the following distinguished speakers:
- H.E. Amb. Saleh Asad Saleh Fhied Mohammad, Ambassador to the Philippines of the State of Palestine
- Asst. Sec. Alfonso Ferdinand A. Ver, Office of Middle East and African Affairs, Department of Foreign Affairs
- Prof. Julkipli M. Wadi, Institute of Islamic Studies, University of the Philippines, Diliman
The webinar will discuss the opportunities for cooperation following the establishment of Embassy of Palestine in Manila in 2020.
Please click this link to register: https://bit.ly/MDSPH-PalestineRelations