The Institute of Islamic Studies of the University of the Philippines-Diliman is the face of scholarly and academic Muslim community in the entire country. It has produced graduates that are now actively employed in various academic Institutions in Mindanao and Metro Manila. Other graduates occupied top rank positions in the government. It has fulfilled its vision and mission as government’s partner in attaining progress and development in the country.
The institute was created on November 22, 1973 by Presidential Decree 342, as part of the Philippine Center for Advanced Studies (PCAS). Following the Abolition of PCAS on July 9, 1979 by virtue of Executive Order No. 543 issued by the then-president of the Philippines, the Institute was re-established as a separate unit of the University.
The University of the Philippines Diliman
The University of the Philippines (UP) is the country’s national university, as declared by its Charter of 2008 which was approved by the 14th Congress of the Philippines on April 29, 2008. This premier Institution of higher learning was established in 1908 and is now a system composed of seven constituent universities and one autonomous college spread throughout 15 campuses in the archipelago. The Institute of Islamic Studies is under the University of the Philippines Diliman campus.