Academic and Administrative Job Vacancies at the Institute of Islamic Studies, University of the Philippines-Diliman
We accept academic job applications on a rolling basis. The necessary requirements are:
- One-page Cover Letter indicating your competence, skills and academic credentials addressed to the Dean of UP-IIS;
- A complete Curriculum Vitae;
- List of Publications;
- Copies of PhD diploma and transcripts in Islamic Studies, religious studies, theology, Arabic language or related humanities and social sciences;
- One or two sampled publications (these are, peer-reviewed journal articles, books, edited volumes, book chapters, handbooks, textbooks or encyclopedic articles);
- One or two sampled graduate syllabus;
- One-page statement of Teaching Philosophy indicating your self-reflective statement of your beliefs about teaching and learning. It should also discuss how you put your beliefs into practice by including concrete examples of what you do or anticipate in the classroom.
- One-page Research Statement indicating a summary of your research achievements and proposal for upcoming research.
- Optional: student evaluation of your teaching performance or award certificates; and,
- Two up to three letters of recommendation emailed directly to UP-IIS by your referees.
Upon shortlisted, you will be called for a personal interview. All requirements must be emailed as a single PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, and put “Academic Job Application” as its subject heading.
Administrative job applications are announced once they become available, but you may check job vacancies here provided by the UP HRDO (Human Resources Development Office).